ScanData Solutions - Operations Suite
Label and Manifest Generation
The underappreciated hero of the fulfillment system is the labeling and manifesting system. This workhorse has to gather information from a wide variety of sources, apply complex algorithims, customize to specifications, and create a label (and any supporting documentation) in milliseconds, at extremely high volumes. Our customers demand thousands of shipment labels and manifests to be generated each minute with 100% uptime. Should it fail, potentially hundreds of warehouse workers are idle and revenue isn't recognized. ScanData is famous for its scalable, robust, reliable, configurable, and user-friendly labeling and manifesting solution.
- Address Validation
- Labeling in printer languages, pdf, or data strings
- Custom and Variable Branding
- Integrated Pick Ticket/Invoice
- Support labeling and documentation for APO/FPO and International shipping (2976, Paperless Invoice, Commercial Invoice, Electronic Trade Documents)
- Secondary labeling such as Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials
- Bill of Lading
- Return Labels
Multi-Carrier Rate Shopping
Customers now expect their orders to be delivered at lightning speed which means shipping can account for 5-10% of cost for many retailers. As retailer distribution ecosystems have become more complicated and carrier's options have proliferated, the decision-making required to optimize the fulfilment location, carrier selection, and shipping method becomes extremely complex. We have spent decades tuning our Rate Shopping engine to meet customer delivery demands and yield high single-digit savings in shipping costs.
The Big-6 Rate Shop Dimensions
- Origin optimization
- Time in transit
- Parcel variables
- Carrier / Ship Method
- Weather / Temperature at Destination
ScanData recognizes that each warehouse and distribution system has its own unique business model. To address the need for flexibility, we have componentized our architecture to tailor our solution without customization to meet the customer's needs as it relates to labeling/manifesting, material handling, and traffic and dock management.
Application components include:
- Carrier/Ship Method
- Rate tables
- Fuel Surcharge
- Manual/Automated Process Induction
- Conveyor / Lane Assignment
- Pallet Loading
- Trailer Management
- Manifest Management
ScanData is a significant enabler of fulfillment automation. Whether the automation be conveyors, scanners, sorters, line controllers, printers, scales, or RF equipment to make the process more efficient, ScanData is ready to respond with the integration necessary to realize the value promised with automation - the heavy investment in automated equipment doesn't do a thing without software to make it run.
- In-line scales
- Print and Apply
Temperature-Sensitive and Cold Chain
While our standard Rate Shop Engine is quite robust, many clients have very specific Cold Chain and Temperature-Sensitivity requirements. With decades of experience shipping perishables, flowers, and pharmaceuticals, our system offers specialized logic to protect your most valuable products.
- User-friendly interface to management fluid requirements
- Time-in-transit and weather-at-destination considerations
- Hot/Cold Pack
- Dim weight considerations
- Signature requirements
- Address Validation
- Zip code blocking
Drop Ship Vendors
Supporting direct from vendor to consumer shipments (domestic or international) entails consolidation and managing of vendors for execution of parcel carrier shipments for direct-to-consumer deliveries, with requirements of rating and shipment optimization, carrier and custom labeling, and carrier EDI requirements. Our vendor solution also provides the options of controlling transportation billing, auditing with account consolidation, and tracking of performance from order to end consumer.
- Manage hundreds of drop ship vendors with a centralized solution
- Web based system that gives visibility of all transactions to each vendor, and visibility of those transactions to manager/host
- Give vendors a view of SKU description and order detail information
- Enable vendors to print and ship today or hold in system
- Provides ability to research and track orders
- Provide reports to vendors and Host of orders shipped and/or processed for inventory reports
Service Disruption Handling
When unknown events arise, from severe weather to riots, ScanData can prevent shipping to specific clients and/or ZIP codes and ZIP code ranges, giving you real-time control of your distribution.
- Straight ZIP code Blocking
- ZIP code blocking by Carrier/ShipMethod
- ZIP code blocking by Customer/Client
- Coldchain-only ZIP code blocking
- State Shipping Restrictions
- Automated or Manual Package holds