ScanData Solutions - Integration
During our last three decades of providing parcel shipping services, we've learned that no two businesses will have the same data management infrastructure, processes or requirements. To address this fact, we have isolated our core application functionality and databases by building multiple data and operational inputs/outputs that permit us to efficiently integrate to necessary client systems while leaving our tested and proven core intact.
- The ScanData application and database server(s) can be virtual, clustered, and high-availability.
- We can accept data from the Host in a number of ways, like XML, ODBC, File, EDI, Socket, API.
- ScanData's Communications Administrator is our primary data management tool; it provides views into the raw data transferred, the transformed/validated data, and the logging resulting from the data transfer and processing. This application allows for the visibility to troubleshoot and promptly correct various data transfer issues.
Host System Integration
In an ideal world, clients would have a homogeneous environment across their enterprise, but due to mergers, long running migration initiatives, and other unique business situations, customers generally don't have the luxury of consistency. ScanData understands this real-world reality and was built to perform in these heterogeneous environments. In the majority of our implementations, the OMS, eComm, WMS, TMS, and other host systems vary across business unit, DC, and even workstation. Demanding consistency from the client isn't reasonable, so our solution was built to work under the realities of the complex IT ecosystem of enterprise companies.
Integration varies dramatically across clients and often includes:
- Proprietary XML integration
- Web Services
- Custom Programming Integration
- Developer Tools
- E-Commerce Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Excel/XML/CSV/Text Generic File
- Financial/Accounting Software
- ISM iSeries
- JMS Queue
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Manhattan Associates
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS Queue
- Order Management Software
- Standard .NET Class Connector
- Supply Chain Management Systems
- Transportation Management Systems
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Integration with in-house systems
Over the years, ScanData has implemented over 280 carriers, each with unique requirements. This process typically includes certification (or at a minimum rigorous testing), label generation (standard or custom), documentation (where applicable), manifesting, timely relevant tracking (statuses and exceptions), and finally, bill/invoice retrieval. With established relationships and the expertise necessary to execute, onboarding a new carrier is quick and easy.
Relevant carrier integrations include:
- FedEx FSMS certification
- UPS Ready certification
- USPS e-VS certification
- Manifest EDI
- Tracking: Delivery status and exceptions
- Billing files/Invoices
ScanData is a significant enabler of fulfillment automation. Whether the automation be conveyors, scanners, sorters, line controllers, printers, scales, or RF equipment to make the process more efficient, ScanData is ready to respond with the integration necessary to realize the value promised with automation - the heavy investment in automated equipment doesn't deliver an ROI without software to deliver the logic needed to make it run.
- In-line scales
- Print and Apply